Democracy works best when you’re involved, and 'Dialogue' can help with that.
When you post challenges or ideas, they will remain viewable to the public on this website. We operate a 'Moderation Policy' to ensure that comments are appropriate and not harmful to you or to others.
Moderation is performed by Penrith Town Council in accordance with the terms set out below.
If an idea or comment does not adhere to the following guidelines, we will reject it:
- Respect other people. Ideas and comments should not be malicious or offensive in nature, and should not constitute a personal attack on a person’s character
- Don’t incite hatred on the basis of race, religion, gender, nationality or sexuality or other personal characteristic
- Don’t include swearing, hate-speech or obscenity
- Don’t reveal personal details, such as private addresses, phone numbers, email addresses or other online contact details
- Don’t break the law – this includes libel, condoning illegal activity, and breaking copyright
- Make sure your ideas and comments are reasonably concise, and don’t constitute spamming of the site
- Don’t advertise commercial products and services – you can mention relevant products and services as long as they support your comment
- Don’t impersonate or falsely claim to represent a person or organisation
- Ensure ideas and comments are on-topic. Please don’t post messages that are unrelated to this channel
Comments which include any of the following will be deleted:
- Threats or incitements to violence
- Use of obscenity
- Duplicative or substantially duplicative postings by the same person or entity
- Postings seeking employment or containing advertisements for a commercial product or service
- Information posted in violation of law, including libel, condoning or encouraging illegal activity, revealing classified information, or infringing on a copyright or trademark.
We deeply value your time and input, and our desire is to remove as few posts as possible while ensuring that a focused, constructive discussion takes place.
This moderation policy is subject to change to address additional matters as may be warranted. If you have a complaint about an item of user-generated content on this site, or feel that your own content was removed in error, please contact us.
If you are aged 16 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission before submitting a comment. Users without this consent are not allowed to participate or provide us with personal information.
We reserve the right to remove ideas and/or comments at any time.
The views and opinions expressed on this site do not necessarily represent the views of Penrith Town Council. The Town Council cannot be held responsible for the accuracy, currency or reliability of information posted by external parties.